- Robinhood does not charge any trading fees.
- Robinhood is commission-free for all investors.
- Now and forever.
- We don’t charge you anything to establish your account.
- Maintain your account.
- Or move money into your account.
- These costs are charged on all sell orders.
- Regardless of the broker.
What you MUST KNOW about Robinhood Investing
Robinhood invests commission-free now and forever. We don’t charge you fees to open your account, maintain your account, or send money into your account. FINRA, however, charges a modest fee for selling orders as a self-regulatory organization (SRO).
It’s a low-cost way to get your feet wet with the stock market because there are no trading or commission costs, no account minimums or account maintenance expenses. According to a November 2020 study by behavioral finance experts, Robinhood users trade nine times more frequently than users of other low-cost brokerages such as E*Trade.
Robinhood is an online brokerage that allows customers to trade stocks, exchange-traded funds (ETFs), and even cryptocurrency without paying any commissions. Although Robinhood does not charge its users for trades directly, it makes money from market makers and frequency trading firms who pay for the order flow of its amateur traders.