- Starting Sunday, Chinese citizens can delete online services in their accounts including WeChat, Taobao and Alipay whenever they like. The new policy is accredited to recent inspections of the privacy settings for various online service platforms by Cyberspace Administration of China (CAC).
How To delete Alipay account
You can permanently delete your Alipay account, but you must first export the relevant data from your account. You cannot use an account that has been deleted to make any further transactions on our site, nor will we be able to respond to any requests for assistance with lost passwords or accounts.
If you are exporting a genuine business name and have made transactions using this account, then it is necessary for us to retain basic information related to the registered user of the account. We will not disclose or share this information with any other third party except as necessary in accordance with Chinese law and regulation. This information is only used by us: (a) when investigating unauthorised usage or infringement; (b) if required by applicable; and (c) as otherwise necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
To permanently delete an Alipay account:
1. Log in to your account using the email address associated with your account or the login password;
2. On the payment page, click “Settings”; and then select “Delete Account”“. You have two options: “Yes, I want to delete my account permanently” or “Cancel”; After deleting your account, you will not be able to restore it under any circumstances; so please consider carefully whether you really wish this step. If you choose this option but change your mind later on, you can use the login email address or password to log in to our site and cancel
the deletion request.
We reserve the right to suspend or terminate your account entirely, if you have not used it for a period of 18 months without notifying us that you are maintaining communications with us.
Once an Alipay account is deleted, we will permanently delete all information associated with the users’ relevant card details (including all user identification numbers) and destroy any copies of such information from our system immediately; To ensure that there has been no unauthorised use of the related card details after the closure of an Alipay account, we also do additional checks on transactions made in this specific time frame. Even though data related to transactions made before closure is no longer stored as per normal business practice, we may continue to retain data where necessary to comply with regulatory requirements; but all such data is securely stored and subject to internal access controls.
To add a new bank card to your Alipay account, press “Go to my Alipay” and then choose the “Manage your cards” link.
Upon selecting “Manage your cards,” you will have access the necessary options:
– Add a new bank card
– Remove one that has been linked
We keep buyers safe from fraud with our industry-leading security technology, providing a PCI-DSS compliant service and tailoring full-featured products to fit the needs of each customer. Sellers can be confident that transactions are safe from harm if they choose to use us.
To refund a transaction on Alipay please do the following:
1. Select transaction > transaction overview in your MultiSafepay Control.
2. Find the transaction through search.
3. Open the transaction and select to refund from there.
4. Type in how much of it you are able to return to them, then type in if this is for their personal or commercial account (personal needs one-time password) . Fill out all other fields and confirm when done by selecting “confirm”.
In a bid to combat money laundering, Alipay, the online payments operator owned by Chinese e-commerce giant Alibaba Group will start charging users for third-party bank transfers from next month.
On the PC end, verified accounts are limited to up to 20K RMB per day. Unverified account holders have a daily limit of 2K RMB.